Palo alto Education, Pa 2020

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Palo alto Education, Pa 2020

L1 Bithead

Greetings. I have bought PA 2020 used without HDD.  PA 2020 have 

5 REPLIES 5

L7 Applicator

Unfortunately, there's nothing useful you can do with that device.

The PA-2000 series is End of Sale as of 2015, and will be End of Life in about a year.

Because of that EoS status, you won't be able to purchase a support contract or get any licenses for it. The Secondary Market Policy has the details.

Your best bet for on-the-cheap learning is a cloud license (AWS, Azure, etc.), a lab license on a VM (talk to your account team), or a PA-220.

What is the way to boot my pa 2020?

I do not need features like wildfire and etc which need to be bought

You just plug it in and it boots. Since yours is stuck on an error when you try, there's literally nothing more you can do. 

You also won't be able to get support on it, you can't run traffic through it, and you can't get the dynamic updates (apps, threats, etc.).

AWS is something like $1/hour if you just want to play with a firewall. But that 2020 is really just e-waste at this point.

So the best way is to buy AWS licence and it would cost 1$/hour without threat prevention wildfire etc?

L1 Bithead

Not sure what you paid for it, but you had probably been better off indeed with buying a recent PA220. Even it it did work, if I remember well how it worked (very very slow)...that PA2020 would have rendered you bald with in 2.47 days. 

• 5 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!