Palo alto captive portal not display on google chrome

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Palo alto captive portal not display on google chrome

Not applicable

Hi,

I'm having problem with our Palo Alto PA-500 do not display captive portal on google chrome.

however if open use other browser it can display the portal.

Do anyone know how to fix it?

Because it just happen last one week, previously we do not have problem with it.

Thank you.

7 REPLIES 7

L5 Sessionator

Netmin

Is this happening for all the websites or specific websites such as google services, https websites ?

L4 Transporter

Netmin

Can you try clearing the Browser cache? Also was chrome browser recently updated in your environment?

We can also try restarting the l3svc process which kick starts the captive portal setup. The command to do so is shown below:

> debug software restart l3-service

Thanks

Not applicable

Hi,

This happen when user try to authenticate to portal for the first time.

If I try open using google chrome cannot display the portal authentication (blank page) and sometimes display only portal but not the user and password box, however if using other browser the portal show up.

This problem only happen recently about 5 days ago, we never have problem before with google chrome.

Here I attached print screen for reference.

Thank you.

Screenshot_2014-10-13-14-13-04.png

Screenshot_2014-10-13-14-13-16.png

L4 Transporter

Typically clearing the browser cache has resolved this issue for any of our users.

Hi Netmin,

I agree this appears to  be a cache issue. Did you try with a different system ?

Regards,

Hardik shah

Not applicable

Poblem fix, it google chrome version issue some how not compatible with palo alto portal.

Since google chrome update new version no more issue.

Thanks all.

What version of Chrome was causing the issue? Just curious similar symptoms occur in the future

• 7 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!