PaloAlto Supported OS and Browsers

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

PaloAlto Supported OS and Browsers

Not applicable

Hi,

I am new and learning PaloAlto currently, but I was just thinking were to find documents that would show or list some compatibility or supported browsers on different platforms for Management and also for SSL VPN (netconnect) or maybe someone can list down to me these information.

PAN OS 3.1.6

SSL VPN client 1.30

I appreciate all information you can provide.

Thanks,

9 REPLIES 9

Not applicable

I'll make this super easy for you.

Generally speaking, Firefox is going to be the best browser to support the GUI for the Palo Alto environment.  It seems to provide the best performance and the greatest level of stability.

I've also used Google Chrome and had pretty good luck.

There are several bugs related to using IE for the Palo Alto configuration.  I ran 3.1.6 for awhile and I had some quirky problems with IE.  There's also the classic bug in 4.0.1 using IE where the service gets set to "None" when you create a brand new rule from scratch.  I'm currently running 4.0.3 and I still have trouble logging into my PA equipment with IE 8.0.  My current problem is that I have Web-GUI certificates installed on all of my equipment and when I attempt to logon to a couple of the units using the certificate it doesn't work.  If I login to them and bypass the use of the certificate it works fine.

I know my answer is super generic, but Firefox is really the best way to go with the PA environment.

With regard to the SSL-VPN, I really can't say because we don't use that feature.  My focus is on the management of the device.

Hope this helps.

Palo Alto Networks Guru

In general, we try not to limit the supported browser list.  That said if you have an issue with a particular browser please work with your SE to get those issues raised so that we can address them.

I understand that, and I currently have a support ticket in with support.

I'm merely posting my observations and based on my observations, Firefox provides the best overall experience.

Even on the forums, PA has admitted as much.

I use Google Chrome almost exclusively.  It's worked very well for me.

Best Regards,

Jared

After upgrading to PanOS 4.1 and Firefox 8.0, the login screen to the management interface never comes up - even after accepting the security error. Adding the management page to the exceptions list does not fix the issue. IE 9 works fine, as well as older versions of firefox.

I have the exact opposite problem.  Upgraded to PAN OS 4.1, and now the IE 9 page is blank after accepting the certificate warning.  View the source code on the page and some HTML is there but blank between the body and closing tag.

L4 Transporter

I've always had the best luck on Firefox on my Mac, but Chrome and Safari worked just as well.

After upgrading to 4.1 don't use your bookmark to login on the webinterface, just enter the IP in the URL bar, the login page URL has changed. Took me also some time to figure it out.

Bingo, that was it.  Wow, how embarrasing that I didn't catch that...

• 9 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!