PaloAlto and Cisco Scansafe Proxy

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

PaloAlto and Cisco Scansafe Proxy

L4 Transporter
I have a PaloAlto PA-200 with very simple configuration. I configure the PA-200 Management interface to get update the Antivirus, Threats, WildFire and URL Filtering. The proxy server is Cisco scansafe. I can update software, dynamic updates, license everything through the proxy server from the PAN-200 with the Exception of of the PAN-DB for URL filtering. Every time I tried to update the PAN-DB, I get this message: Please select a region to begin the download process 2016-04-16 13:00:17 PAN-DB download: Finished with failure url-download-failure 'The download file for region North-America md5sum check failed Btw, it happens for ALL regions, North America, APAC, Japan, Russia. Not sure what else to do from here? TAC engineer is not very helpful here. Anyone know how to fix this?
2 REPLIES 2

L6 Presenter

Have you tried bypassing SSL or exempting the PAN-DB URL for updates from even going to ScanSafe?  (Our remote users also use ScanSafe)

got the issue resolved. 

Stupid PaloAlto upgrade the Application & Threats to 578 and broke PAN-DB update.  Upgrade to 579-3281 fixes the issue.

Nice work Palo Alto for breakiny my URL Filtering

• 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!