PaloAlto firewall platform upgrade?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

PaloAlto firewall platform upgrade?

L1 Bithead

Hi,

I'm a customer with two PaloAlto firewalls PA-2020 with active / passive config. We have a 100 Mbps simetrical Internet speed bandwith connected

to the PaloAlto firewalls and all is working fine.

Our ISP provider  is going to upgrade our Internet speed to 1 Gbps and replacing the Cisco 2951 router to a higher Catalyst one.

My question is if we need to upgrade both PaloAlto PA-2020 firewalls (500 Mbps throughput) to a PA-2050 (1 Gbps) or PA-3020 (2 Gbps) or....

Any recommendations?

Thanks in advance.

Albert Buendia

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

L3 Networker

I would suggest the best idea here would be to involve your SE and re-evaluate your needs in terms of what PA platform would be the appropriate fit in the network.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

L3 Networker

I would suggest the best idea here would be to involve your SE and re-evaluate your needs in terms of what PA platform would be the appropriate fit in the network.

L5 Sessionator

Hello Albert,

This question would best be addressed by your account's sales representative since they will provide you the best recommendation - technically and financially.

If the bandwidth is going to be 1Gbps, PA-3020 would be the ideal one to upgrade to.

Regards,

Kunal Adak.

L4 Transporter

You can refer to the hardware guide for each of the platforms for your concern or talk to your System Engineer regarding the upgrade.

Thank you for you quick response. I asked in this forum because I wanted to hear and contrast / corroborate the PaloAlto response with our partner recommendations.

I think PA-3020 are good choices but I wanted to hear you voices. Smiley Happy

Regards,

Albert Buendia.

L4 Transporter

Just as a shot off the hip I'd think a move to the 3000 series is warranted. But that's without having all the details of your environment.

• 1 accepted solution
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!