Paloalto support standard-based IPSec VPN Client ?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Paloalto support standard-based IPSec VPN Client ?

L1 Bithead

Is Paloalto support standard-based IPSec VPN Client ?

6 REPLIES 6

L4 Transporter

Define "standard-based"?

The Palo Alto SSL VPN uses its own client - so you can't connect to it with, say, OpenSwan or OpenVPN or something similar. You need to install/use the Palo Alto client, which currently only supports Windows and Mac OSX at the moent (from memory).

Cheers.

The scenario is, my customer want to use IPAD to connect to internal network via Palo Alto VPN. I quite sure that NetConnect cannot be installed on iOS. Any I think IPAD has IPSEC client in it, so i just wondering if Palo Alto can support connection via such client (which doesn't seems so).

Thanks for your answer Smiley Happy

EBSSupport wrote:

The scenario is, my customer want to use IPAD to connect to internal network via Palo Alto VPN. I quite sure that NetConnect cannot be installed on iOS. Any I think IPAD has IPSEC client in it, so i just wondering if Palo Alto can support connection via such client (which doesn't seems so).

Thanks for your answer

Nope. Been down that road myself. There's no VPN support for the iPad or iPhone currently, nor on the roadmap.

If you want it, make noise with your PA sales rep and have them forward a feature request to PA. If enough people ask for this feature, maybe it'll get over the line.

Cheers.

Same issue has been raised here - I will be calling our Regional Rep to put in a formal request for the SSL Client.  However, to speak to his question regarding the IPSec client on the IPAD...  The client on the IPAD is unfortunately a true IPSec client.  It is a Cisco AnyConnect IPSec client.  That is why there is no mention of phase 1 or phase 2 hash or authentication techniques.  It is unfortunate.  I have looked through the App Store to see if there was a more generic IPSec client, but I haven't seen anything yet.  Just keep pressure on to build the SSL Client - that would be more viable than the IPSec tunnel in any case. Hope that helps - or at least gives more insight... Smiley Sad

Not applicable

Hi,

Since it's now possible to connect a IPAD/Iphone with the CISCO VPN Client, what about the Cisco VPN ClienT on a laptop ?

Is it possible now to use the client on a laptop too?

Thanks for your answer

Regards,

Yes it is.

You have to:

- enable X-Auth support in your Globalprotect Gateway settings, and define a Group name and password.

- add the Cisco VPN client in the Globalprotect portal, tab Client Configuration, 3rd party VPN window.

I tested the connection with a Cisco VPN Client (so ipsec) on a laptop. Works great.

Regards,

Albert

• 6 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!