Panorama 8.0 Managing Firewalls on PANOS 7.1

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Panorama 8.0 Managing Firewalls on PANOS 7.1

L1 Bithead

We are looking at upgrading Panorama to V8.0 to give us the ablity of perform individual commits, the firewalls will remain on V7.1 for the time being.

Because V8.0 has so many new features what would happen if an admin configures a feature not supported on V7.1?

Is the commit to Panorama going to fail? or is the commit to the FW going to fail?

is there a way to prevent an admin from configuring unsupported features to prevent the commit fail?

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

L0 Member

We've had to upgrade Pan to 8.X due to manageing cloud instances and no issues thus far. I can't say I've tried to use un unsupported feature as yet but would imagine it would work the same as if you tried to commit a rule that references a content update or similar that is not present on a specific device, the commit will simply fail with a not present error.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

L0 Member

We've had to upgrade Pan to 8.X due to manageing cloud instances and no issues thus far. I can't say I've tried to use un unsupported feature as yet but would imagine it would work the same as if you tried to commit a rule that references a content update or similar that is not present on a specific device, the commit will simply fail with a not present error.

• 1 accepted solution
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!