Panorama - Committed Configurations Backup

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Panorama - Committed Configurations Backup

L4 Transporter

Hello,

We have several PaloAltos (about 20) managed by Panorama. After checking the backups under "Manage Devices" part in Panorama, i was wonder why the latest committed configuration version is not listed!? Just from one or two devices the latest version is available...

Found a configuration option in "Panorama - Setup - Logging and Reporting Settings - Number of Versions for Config Backups (value 200)". The description of this option is: "(Panorama only) Enter the number of configuration backups to save before discarding the oldest ones (default 100)".

Does this option has something to do with the count of committed configurations backup per device? And is this value for ALL backups or per each device????

Thank you in advance!

5 REPLIES 5

L4 Transporter

The backups are for the device configuration and are sent to Panorama automatically every time a commit occurs on the Managed Device. If the device was not connected at this particular time then a backup will not be sent.

The option is for the amount of device config versions to save on Panorama for a per device basis.

Okay.... But the devices have connection to Panorama - always... so I cannot understand why it shows me from some devices backups of "committed configurations" which are many months old (2013/02/06 and later...)!

And also, the option in the Panorama settings of the amount of backups per device is not correctly (i think), because i have backups from some devices up to 87 only...

I am not quite sure why some of the backups are not being stored and you should probably open a case.

I suspect that you may only have 87 versions from that particular device. Please test if you do another commit on the device to see if another version shows up and 88 versions get stored.

L4 Transporter

Support contacted. Will update this thread...

Bug fixed with PaloAlto Support. There were some currupt files, which caused the issue. With root rights they got it.

• 5 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!