Panorama - How To Preview Changes to Managed Devices

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Panorama - How To Preview Changes to Managed Devices

L2 Linker

Hi all,

Since upgrading Panorama to V8 I can no longer seem to find how to preview changes which will be pushed to managed devices.

I can preview changes to Panorama and 'validate' pushed configs, but that's not the same thing.

Any ideas?

Thanks very much.

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

Hey Stephen,

If you click Commit -> Push to Devices -> Edit Selections, you will see the "Preview Changes" next to each firewall under either the Device Group or Template tab.

Cheers,

Luke.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

L7 Applicator

I may have misunderstood your question but i can select "commit and Push" and within that window I can preview changes within the commit scope panel.

Thanks MickBall,

But, as I understand it, that only shows the changes to the Panorama configuration itself, not the changes that will be sent to the devices.

For example, if I'd commited changes to Panorama a week ago, but not pushed them to the devices, and then made further changes today, how would I know what config would be pushed?

In V7 you could preview changes per individual device.

Cheers

Hey Stephen,

If you click Commit -> Push to Devices -> Edit Selections, you will see the "Preview Changes" next to each firewall under either the Device Group or Template tab.

Cheers,

Luke.

Perfect!  Thanks Luke.

Strange how it's been hidden away now.

• 1 accepted solution
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!