Panorama PAN-OS 8.0.8 and always highlighted (Green) Commit button

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Panorama PAN-OS 8.0.8 and always highlighted (Green) Commit button

L4 Transporter

I have recently upgraded Panorama from 7.1.x to 8.0.8. Although there are no changes and all firewalls are "in sync" for the configuration, the Panorama "Commit" button is Green/Highlighted. Is there anyone using Panorama with 8.0.x and seeing the same behavior? Until 7.1.x, the green/highlighted butting always meant pending config push/non sync devices.

2 REPLIES 2

L2 Linker

I also have this and I absolutely hate the changes with Panorama 8.  Now when committing devices, its sending the templates after the device groups which makes a lot of commit errors.  I have to push the template seperately using their horrific filters, then apply the device group config changes.  Normally this wouldn't be too bad, but given these are PA500's, well it takes at least 10 minutes using this method.  Previously, it seemed like it was an all-in-one commit (merged both templates and device configs then sent it over) which makes far more sense then doing 2 commits seperately. 

@NickAssarI am really surprised that people are not complaining about this change. Does that mean there are few organizations using 8.0.x code? Is anyone form Palo Alto Networks team is watching this thread, then can you please comment?

• 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!