Panorama - Webinterface not Working

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Panorama - Webinterface not Working

L2 Linker

Hi guys,

we noticed that the web interface of our panorama VM is "broken". I am able to reach the https://<panorama> site and I am also able to log in but the next page is not displayed. Only a white site will be displayed.

ssh login is possible.

I already reverted to old configs, old and new version (6.0.5 was installed, tried 6.0.0,  6.0.6 and 6.1) without success. d

Any Ideas?

Thanks

Stephan

10 REPLIES 10

L4 Transporter

Hello Stephan,

There could be a number of reasons to explain that behavior (not enough disk space, high virtual memory utilization, software bug, hardware issue...)

I would strongly recommend you to open a ticket with support and attach a tech support file.

Regards,

Guillermo.

L2 Linker

I had some issues after a Java upgrade on my pc a while back but not quite the same.  Have you tried the basics?  Check from different browser, and restart management plane?

L2 Linker

Hello,

If you can login to panorama using SSH, then please share output of below command to confirm if the issue is related to not having enough space left on either of the disk

> show system disk-space

L3 Networker

Hello,

Try using a different browser. I have seen some weird stuff and this usually fixes it for me.

Cheers!

L7 Applicator

I agree with oklier, sounds like a browser issue.  Start with switching browsers and versions.  I've found that both chrome and firefox are getting more and more aggressive on "security" settings that are messing with my mgmt access to various network devices.  This is especially true for Java which both browsers seem out to kill.

I've actually found that compatibility mode with MS Internet Explorer seems to be the safest bet for these types of interfaces.

Steve Puluka BSEET - IP Architect - DQE Communications (Metro Ethernet/ISP)
ACE PanOS 6; ACE PanOS 7; ASE 3.0; PSE 7.0 Foundations & Associate in Platform; Cyber Security; Data Center

Thanks for the answers.

Disks space is maybe the reason for...tempfs is full...mhmm...

Filesystem       Size  Used Avail Use% Mounted on
/dev/sda3        3.8G  1.6G  2.0G  45% /
/dev/sda5         23G  4.7G   17G  22% /opt/pancfg
/dev/sda6        3.8G  1.5G  2.2G  41% /opt/panrepo
tmpfs            2.0G 0  2.0G   0% /dev/shm
/dev/sda8        350G  124G  227G  36% /opt/panlogs

10.133.7.37:/vol/sn_panorama_logs_nfs/qt_sn_panorama_logs_nfs

350G  124G  227G  36% /mnt/dynamic-logs

I already tried it with different browsers (Firefox, Safari, IE) and old java versions without success. Webinterfaces of the Firewalls are working fine.++

hardware issue

-> No because it's a virtual Machine and I already tried it on different hosts.

software bug

-> I don't think so because I already tried different versions of panorama (installation via cli is possible)

restart management plane

-> I restarted everything :smileygrin: the host, the software etc.

Thanks

Stephan

Hi Stephan,

I would still recommend to open a ticket with support for this.

If, for whatever reason, you don't want to open a ticket with TAC, then try a factory reset:

First backup Panorama:

How to Backup Panorama

Second Factory Reset

How to Factory Reset a Palo Alto Networks Device

Follow instructions in the first document to import config/logs into Panorama

Regards,

Guillermo.

L4 Transporter

Hi..

I agree  with Guillermo.

First Try to take back up and try to Factory reset. if till you are facing same issue than open a TAC case.

Thanks

Satish

Hi,

okay I did the factory default reset and everything is working now but I made a screenshot of the VM before - maybe I will analyze this issue within the next weeks (or create a support ticket) because I hate issues which ware solved via a reboot/reset etc. If I got anything new I will update this conversation.

Thanks for your help!

Cheers

Stephan

----- Commands I used ----

# scp export configuration from running-config.xml user@IP:path/conf.xml

# debug system maintenance-mode

Login via Console and perform Factory Default Reset

# set deviceconfig system ip-address x.x.x.x netmask x.x.x.x default-gateway x.x.x.x

# scp import configuration from user@IP:path/conf.xml

# load config from conf.xml

# commit

Thanks for letting us know the work around.

Steve Puluka BSEET - IP Architect - DQE Communications (Metro Ethernet/ISP)
ACE PanOS 6; ACE PanOS 7; ASE 3.0; PSE 7.0 Foundations & Associate in Platform; Cyber Security; Data Center
  • 10 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!