Panorama deployment in active standby

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Panorama deployment in active standby

L2 Linker

Hi

Have a basic question about two panorma devices which are going to be in active standby in the same rack.

Is below config supported on Panorama? Eth1 will be enabled for all functions besides management and Eth2 will act as its backup

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

L4 Transporter

Hey @josggf

Mgmt interface has to be used as it is the only interface that supports the mgmt. access to the box.

The other eth interfaces can be used for other functiions as outlined:

-Ping

-Device Mgmt. and Device log collection

-Collector group communication

-Device Deployment

As for eth2 for the backup... I am not following as the panorama platform does not support a backup link functionality.

The only option I am tracking with the backup link would be for icmp path monitoring and that is it.

Bottom line is you will/can use the mgmt. interface for admin access and any of the spare interfaces for the other functions except a backup interface.

Depending on if these are M100's or M500's, I would reccemmend with the M500 to use eth1/4 and eth1/5 since those are 10G.

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

L4 Transporter

Hey @josggf

Mgmt interface has to be used as it is the only interface that supports the mgmt. access to the box.

The other eth interfaces can be used for other functiions as outlined:

-Ping

-Device Mgmt. and Device log collection

-Collector group communication

-Device Deployment

As for eth2 for the backup... I am not following as the panorama platform does not support a backup link functionality.

The only option I am tracking with the backup link would be for icmp path monitoring and that is it.

Bottom line is you will/can use the mgmt. interface for admin access and any of the spare interfaces for the other functions except a backup interface.

Depending on if these are M100's or M500's, I would reccemmend with the M500 to use eth1/4 and eth1/5 since those are 10G.

Hope this helps.

Panorama or PANOS?

How are the switches connected are they a logical unit (stacked) or on Spanning Tree?

Rob

• 1 accepted solution
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!