Panorama error message "could not call showSessionVars.esp"

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Panorama error message "could not call showSessionVars.esp"

L4 Transporter

Hi All,

We deployment panorama for centralized paloalto unit this month, however we got the error message twice when manage paloalto unit by panorama.

The popout windows screen shows the message "Could not call showSessionVar.esp".

Any one knows what the message means? why and what reasons will cause the message popout?

panoraman error message.jpg

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

There has been a issue identified on Panorama 4.1.9 when changing from device context to Panorama context the error 'Could not call showSessionVars.esp'.

A fix is being verified for a future release(likely 4.1.10).

PANOS versions 4.1.8-h3 and 5.0 are not impacted by this bug.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

L4 Transporter

Hello,

There have been a few reports of this error happening on older code. It seems that it may be related to slow context switching. What version of Panorama was the error received on? There have been improvements in context switching in 4.1.5.

Are you able to reproduce the error upon a certain action?

If you can reproduce, I would recommend gathering a webui debug and opening a case with support:

- Stefan

Hello,

We are running 4.1.8 on panorama.

Joy

Is this occurring across all browsers? FF/Chrome/IE?    

Since you are running latest release, I would recommend collecting debug data previously mentioned and opening a case with support.

It would help the investigation to have details on how to reproduce the error.

- Stefan

Thanks.

Hello,

This is occurring on IE9 browser with win 7x64.

I also have experienced this problem on various versions of 4.1.x I am currently dealing with this error message in an environment with Panorama 4.1.9, PA-2050s and PA-200s. It errs out on IE, Firefox and Chrome It happens whenever changing context. Sounds like we will have to contact support for resolution.

Hi,

Thanks for your sharing.

Seeing this error as well since a long time on some panorama deployements

My experience is that this is caused by ESX resource issues ( probably slow disk access)

However, to be confirmed by your TAC.

There has been a issue identified on Panorama 4.1.9 when changing from device context to Panorama context the error 'Could not call showSessionVars.esp'.

A fix is being verified for a future release(likely 4.1.10).

PANOS versions 4.1.8-h3 and 5.0 are not impacted by this bug.

• 1 accepted solution
  • 10 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!