Panorama software upgrade disk space issue

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Panorama software upgrade disk space issue

L4 Transporter

I am getting following error when trying to download firmware in Panorama VM.

Error: There is not enough free disk space to complete the desired operation. Delete older software, dynamic update, or client versions to free additional disk space before trying the operation again. Use the 'set max-num-images count' CLI command to adjust the number of versions stored in order to avoid this problem in the future.

As per the error message i tried to run the command but it still didn't work out 

adm> set max-num-images count 7

Warning; config partition size 7.88 GB may be too small on your system to keep 7 images. Recommend keeping 2 to 5 images
adm> set max-num-images count 5

Maximum number of images to keep is set to 5
adm> show system disk-space

Filesystem            Size  Used Avail Use% Mounted on
/dev/sda2             3.8G  3.1G  534M  86% /
/dev/sda5             7.6G  6.5G  653M  92% /opt/pancfg
/dev/sda6             3.8G  1.3G  2.3G  37% /opt/panrepo
tmpfs                 1.9G  110M  1.8G   6% /dev/shm
cgroup_root           1.9G     0  1.9G   0% /cgroup
/dev/sdb1            1008G  615G  342G  65% /opt/panlogs

6 REPLIES 6

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@raji_toor,

Just slim down the number of images that you are maintaining; personally I only keep the last image that was installed and obviously the current image that I'm running. 

Essentially you only have a few options. Cutdown the number of images you have saved, or allocate more space so you can maintain all of the images you actually want. I would say that cutting down the number of images you maintain is likely the better option. 

L4 Transporter

Hi @raji_toor ,

As @BPry  mensioned, you need to keep only the current image and the base image in the box. rest you can delete and free up for making room for the image file(and its base) you are going to upgrade.

@BPry   and @Abdul_Razaq  I have only 2 images in there 8.1.0 and 8.18h5 and i still get the same error message. How can i do further cleanup to make space and for what partition.

@raji_toor,

So if that isn't it, look at what your Config log quota is currently set to and modify the retention period as necessary; you likely don't have any need to keep the default value of 365. Another thing that could be cutting into this is the number of configuration versions you are keeping; depending on the size of your configuration and the number of versions you maintain, this can add up relatively quickly. 

L4 Transporter

Hi @raji_toor ,

As of my understanding, the image downloaded directly into the panorama and 'upload manually/SCP copied' will go to different partitions. You can try to clear root partition by clearing old logs if you don't want it. and try using direct download or manual upload or SCP copy. As these are going to different partitions, any of the methods might help you.

• 6 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!