Panorama

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Panorama

L4 Transporter

With Panorama, how oes know when or fi they need to upgrade it? What are symptoms of box that needs upgraded from M-100 to M-500? Is there s trending log that shows histortical? I hav a M-100 which supports 4 pairs of 5060 2 pairs of 3020 and 3 pairs of 7050's/

2 REPLIES 2

Hi @clyde.franklin

The criteria used depends strictly on your design, how many firewalls in the environment, model of each appliance, and what logs you are ingesting.

Because you have a very mixed environment with many HA pairs, I advise that you take a look at the following design document, and run some of the suggested tools in the article to get to a conclusion.

https://live.paloaltonetworks.com/t5/Management-Articles/Panorama-Sizing-and-Design-Guide/ta-p/72181

I hope this helps

L7 Applicator

With SNMP you can monitor the global log rate as well as also the log rate per device which is sending logs. Locally you could do it as in the link provided by @acc6d0b3610eec313831f7900fdbd235 but this is not the same as constantly monitoring and storing this history on an snmp monitor server.

I don't know how much traffic your firewalls need to handle and if you log everyrhing or just a few connections but using one M-100 seems to me a little undersized compared to the maximum log rates that all your firewalls support. 

• 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!