Playtime

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Playtime

L4 Transporter

I know that I am not the only one who faces trying to track and minimize the amount of playing on the internet during regular work hours. Is there anyway to track and prove that a user is playing on the internet when they should be working using the PA?

2 REPLIES 2

L4 Transporter

By the response I got I am beginning to think this is either not possible or not done 🙂

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@jdprovine,

It's technically viable to gather a rough estimate of how much time someone is spending on 'non-work' tasks depending on your configuration and how much you really want to trust the session information. I'm not going to get into the how because I don't believe that technology should be used to address human resource issues, and the information that can be gathered can be very inaccurate depending on what the user was doing. 

This isn't something that Palo Alto really supports without a bit of a work around and calculation of the proper traffic statistics. I would tell whoever is asking that it simply can't be done in an accurate manner. 

• 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!