Policy Rules for BFD, OSPF , DHCP and DHCP relay

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Policy Rules for BFD, OSPF , DHCP and DHCP relay

L4 Transporter

Hi

So do I have to setup policy rules to allow OSPF, I have OSPF on the PA . But when i don't have the rules in place OSPF fails, when i have them it doesn't log anything 

DHCP, do I need it if the PA is running DHCP. what is the source and destination ?

DHCP-relay, source is the input zone and the destination is the dhcp server I am relaying to.  But it looks like I have to have 2 polies 1 for request and 1 for replies

BGP, is it the same i policy rules in place even if its that PA ?

2 REPLIES 2

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Hello,

I'll do my best here:

So do I have to setup policy rules to allow OSPF, I have OSPF on the PA . But when i don't have the rules in place OSPF fails, when i have them it doesn't log anything 

Do you have logging enabled on the policy?

image.png

DHCP, do I need it if the PA is running DHCP. what is the source and destination ?

If you are using the builtin 'Intrazone' policy, then no. If you are like some and have a DENY ALL policy above those predefined policies, then possibly.

DHCP-relay, source is the input zone and the destination is the dhcp server I am relaying to.  But it looks like I have to have 2 polies 1 for request and 1 for replies

Correct, this is how DHCP works since its not a tcp conection and the traffic gets generated both ways. ie the Clients send traffic to request and IP, the DHCP server then sends traffic with the IP info. This should not be required if the client and server are in the same zone.

Hope that helps.

Yep I have my own intrazone drop rule

Yes I have logging on OSPF policy start and end

I don't see anything nor in monitor session

dhcp/dhcprelay .... so my issue with this is ... it supposed to be a new firewall with smarts. it should be expecting a reply..

🙂

So I know on my old cisco's once for example once I turned on snmp service i didn't need to allow access via acl it just worked.

Thanks

• 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!