Possible to filter apps Google Play Store?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Possible to filter apps Google Play Store?

L1 Bithead

Hi,

has anybody tried to filter Applications from the Google Play Store?

I.e. whitelist only a few Apps?

My idea was to use SSL decrypt with google play and to filer for *.apk files, but before I really tried I thought maybe somebody can share some experience with this?

Thanks,

Moritz

5 REPLIES 5

L4 Transporter

Hello Moritz,

If you need to whitelist apps often, I would go for GlobalProtect Mobile Security Manager.

If this is just a one time thing, you can go ahead with your idea, SSL decrypt, custom signatures, etc.

Regards,

Guillermo.

Hi Guillermo,

thanks for the tip, but does GlobalProtect also work without any configuration changes/additional apps installed on the client device? In our environement we do not control the clients devices.

KR,

Moritz

Moritz, you need the GlobalProtect App (Android or IOS). So, I think this is not a solution for you.

G.

This is actually not accurate. Native IPSec X-Auth will work, although I'm not entirely sure if it's 'supported' per-se. I believe it is though..

So yes, you can connect to GlobalProtect without using the GlobalProtect App in Android and also on iOS using the native IPSec X-Auth.

L4 Transporter

Perhaps block access to Google Play store, but whitelist URLs to a few specific apps?

• 5 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!