Possible to store foreign ssh key on the firewall (for key-based scp transfer)?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Possible to store foreign ssh key on the firewall (for key-based scp transfer)?

L0 Member

I want to be able to use scp from the firewall to transfer a config file to a remote server without entering a password. So I need to store the remote user's public ssh key in the equivalent of an authorized_keys file on the firewall. Is this possible?

What I'm trying to do is schedule an automatic pull of the running-config.xml down to a server. I want to do this like this:

ssh 10.2.1.254 scp export configuration to isg@sauron.shs.ucd:. from running-config.xml

10.2.1.254 is my firewall. I have the key set up in the other direction so the ssh command goes through without a password, but the reverse direction (the  scp command) doesn't work without a password.

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Wouldn't this be easier to accomplish under a API script that is set to execute at a determined time. This is what I'm doing for our equipment.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Wouldn't this be easier to accomplish under a API script that is set to execute at a determined time. This is what I'm doing for our equipment.

Yeah, that looks like what I want. I'm new to PAN and just didn't know how this kind of thing should be handled. I found a reference so I'm good to go.

Thanks.

• 1 accepted solution
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!