Problem with Group Mapping Settings

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Problem with Group Mapping Settings

L2 Linker

Hello

i get this message when i try to add Active directory user "Error: Failed to connect to 172.16.17.5(172.16.17.5):389"

i already enter the ldap information on the ldap profil

ldap.jpg

user ldap.jpg

2 accepted solutions

Accepted Solutions

Thank you brother

i found the solution for this problem, you can see it in the picture

ldap1.jpg

View solution in original post

oops sorry... just noticed you are sending all traffic to AD server via 1/2, not just LDAP.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

L7 Applicator

bind looks wrong, it needs to be the distinguished name for the AD server.

CN=administrateur,OU=xxx?,DC=pa,DC=ma

you will get this information from AD, user attributes, DistinguishedName.

ldap2.jpg

i try with this also with no result

from CLI..

show user group-mapping state all

and post output.

also   from CLI, can you ping 172.16.7.5

ldap error.jpg

@hamza_ineos,

You still don't have an OU in your Bind DN which is kind of odd to me. From my knowledge of AD (which isn't awesome) you need to include the OU that this account belongs to. 

can you post the attribute "distinguished name" for administrateur from within AD..

also... is 172.16.17.2 the management or trusted interface.

Thank you brother

i found the solution for this problem, you can see it in the picture

ldap1.jpg

OK "brother" thats a bit cryptic, so can we assume you changed LDAP to use the custom interface 1/2 and not the default management interface.

oops sorry... just noticed you are sending all traffic to AD server via 1/2, not just LDAP.

• 2 accepted solutions
  • 9 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!