Problem with Panorama commit

L2 Linker

Problem with Panorama commit

Hello there!

I have a problem when I try to push the commit to Panorama. This commit is added to the queue, but then nothing else happens. The odd thing is that nothing is queued in the firewall queue...

Thanks in advance.
Tags (2)
L0 Member

Re: Problem with Panorama commit

What software  version are you using?  

L2 Linker

It's Panorama version 8.1.6.

L4 Transporter

So does it FAIL eventually?

L2 Linker

Yes, jeremy.larsen, it fails. No error is shown, but the commit is not done. This task appears to be on the queue, but is never done.

Thanks and regards.

L4 Transporter

I'm confused.  If it is still in the queue, then that sounds like it is hung but never actually fails?  By fail, I mean you get a commit failure in the logs with details about the failure.

L2 Linker

I have the same problem!  I'm running 8.0.15 and I've had this issue since upgrading to 8.0 from 7.1.

I only have this issue on firewalls with HA.  I can get the commits to go through after restarting panorama.

My TAC case is about 3 months old at this point.

Edit:  I never see the commit hit the firewalls, it stays in queue on the panorama.

L2 Linker

You're right, jeremy.larsen, I did not express it right. The commit does not fail, it was simply never made.

But good news: this problem was solved after rebooting the device. :)

L2 Linker

@ebonjour I was to quick answering you without reading that you have already tried rebooting the device. It worked at least for me... Regards.

L4 Transporter

I'd be curious to see if you pulled a snapshot and reinstalled Panorama from scratch on the same version if this continued to happen.  Perhaps some residual garbage from the upgrade process?  I know that sounds painful.

Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the Live Community as a whole!

The Live Community thanks you for your participation!