Problem with SIP traffic

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Problem with SIP traffic

L2 Linker

Hello there!

I have a problem with SIP traffic for VoIP. It is a HA cluster that has experienced that problem with the SIP traffic for phone calls. For a number of hours, SIP calls could not be made or received. Mismatches with the config between active and passive firewalls were found. Could that have been the cause for the problem with SIP traffic? Is it possible to find out why inbound and outbound SIP calls have failed for those hours? I mean, which logs should I look at?

Thanks in advance!

1 REPLY 1

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Hello,

In a HA A/P configuration, the passive device has its interfaces shut down and processes no traffic, so the config mismatch is a different issue. As for SIP, could be a lot of things. 

Are you inspecting the traffic with AV/AP/URL, etc.?

What if you disable all inspections on the traffic does it work better?

Are you dropping any traffic?

I always start with the 'Unified' logs since they show me if its URL/Threat/Traffic etc. 

Hope that helps.

• 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!