Problem with ssh decryption after SSH server upgrade

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Problem with ssh decryption after SSH server upgrade

L1 Bithead

After upgrade ssh server to OpenSSH_6.4p1-hpn14v2, OpenSSL 1.0.0j 10 May 2012 I can't connect to this server when using ssh decryption on Palo Alto.

Before ssh server upgrade, decryption was working correctly and I could connect and decrypt ssh traffic.

When I'm trying to connect from client PC I get response:'Server unexpectly closed network connection'.

I check that Palo Alto is sending this message to the client PC (as an SSH proxy) not the destination SSH server.

I also try to connect from the same client PC with SSH decryption turned off, and I could connect.

I'm using PA-3020 with 5.0.9 PAN-OS.

6 REPLIES 6

L7 Applicator

Was the server's version < 6.2 before the upgrade ?

I;m not sure right now, what was previous version but was working correctly.

L3 Networker

Do you have a decyption profile attached to the ssl decypt policy ? What have you configured for unsupported mode checks and failure checks.

Set up a filter and run ssl counters to get more info.

show counter global filter category ssl

Deepak

L7 Applicator

Keep an eye out for PAN OS 5.0.10. A fix for an issue with some SSH proxy sessions not working to OpenSSH servers versions > 6.2 is being published through fix # 57612

This fix, when available, may help you.

L5 Sessionator

Hi,

Look in Rn for version 5.0.10, there is:

57612—SSH sessions to servers running OpenSSH version 6.2 or newer through SSH

Decryption were failing in some instances when the computed Diffie-Hellman key is

4096 bits.

Hope help.

V.

L1 Bithead

I've upgraded my PAN device even to PAN-OS 6.0, and still ssh decryption doesn't work properly.

I've tried with and without decryption profiles enabled.

• 6 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!