Problems with SSL-Decryption

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Problems with SSL-Decryption

L2 Linker

Hi,

since a few days, we have more and more websites, which we are unable to login. After further investigation i'm sure there's something wrong with SSL-decryption, if I exclude the IP from encryption the sites work. But formerly the problem doesn't exist and nothing changed. Could it be a problem with different TLS versions in the IE?

5 REPLIES 5

L7 Applicator

Hello ITSama,

Just for your reference, some applications are not playing well with SSL decryption. Here is the list of applications, that should be excluded from the decryption policy due their nature of operation: List of Applications Excluded from SSL Decryption

Thanks

L6 Presenter

Hi ITsama,

Would it be possible to share with us URL in question ?

If its not working with IE, please try with Chrome and mozilla. If it doesnt work with any of the browser than issue could be with general decryption.

Do you see any error in the browser?

Regards,

Hardik shah

Hello Hulk,

thx for the "Exclude-List", that's good to know, but can you explain me how I can exclude a special application from the decryption-policy? I know how to exclude IP or URL categories, but not applications?

Regards

Hi hshah,

the URL is www.dhl-geschaeftskundenportal.de.

I checked it now with a Firefox portable and it works with it, however now i found out that it also works on some other Clients with IE?

Regards

Hello ITsama,

That's the problem... the application will not be able to identify until you decrypt it.  You must decrypt it in order to see what is inside. Hence, the "application" option is invalid in a Decryption policy.

Thanks

• 5 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!