QoS on Tagged VLAN Sub-interface - PAN5250

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

QoS on Tagged VLAN Sub-interface - PAN5250

L1 Bithead

Hi, this question may have been asked before, but I'm still curious what the best practice is in my situation.  Here's what I need to do: a LAG (port-channel) with two 10gig interfaces is carved into mulitple subinterfaces.  I'd like to cap the max bandwidth usage for one of the suninterfaces only.  Apprently PAN5250 does not support QoS on subinterfaces.  So, the question is: if I apply the QoS policy on LAG (physical interface) by defining the matching criteria (e.g. source/destination zones, or IPs), will the firewall find matching packets by stripping the dot1q tags, and put the tagged packets in the desired queue with bandwidth cap?  If it works, would it affect other subinterfaces that I don't want rate-limit at all?  Or any best practices in similar case when no subinterface QoS support is available?  Any experience or real-world implemetation shared would be greatly appreciated.

Joseph

4 REPLIES 4

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Hello,

I have a similar setup and I just use source and/or destination IP's/Subnets for what I want to limit. It doesnt seem affect anything that doesnt match the QoS policy.

Hope that helps.

Thanks.  I will give it a try.

Hello,

The difference I have is that I dont have a LAG, but dont think that should make a difference.

Cheers!

Looks like it doesn't work for me.  After the QoS policy is applied on the LAG, regular traffics in other sub-interfaces run through with no problem, but the sub-interface matching the policy stopped to pass any packets.  As soon as the QoS policy was disabled, traffic started to flow again.  The matching rule was based on source/destination zones, and a max bandwidth was applied.  I guess it's probably not supported on LAG or something I didn't do right.  Continue digging...

But still, thanks for your replies!

• 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!