QoS performance data.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

QoS performance data.

Not applicable

Hello all.

would you please tell me where is the QoS performance data sheet per PA-4000 or PA-2000 or PA-500 series?

thank you

12 REPLIES 12

L4 Transporter

What exactly are you looking for?  QoS is a feature that restricts some traffic and gives preference to other traffic. Is there some standard test or RFC testing that you are looking for?

Thanks,

Steve Krall

thank you for the answer.

my question is. like FW, IPS, . how many of traffic that PA can handle with QoS function.

e.g. in PA-4020. it stats that 2G for IPS and FW. but how much traffic that QoS chip handle with that model..

Am I make myself clear?

https://live.paloaltonetworks.com/message/4325. in here . I can guess the SSL decryption performance number.

what I want is that sort of info..

thank you very much.

BH lee

Here is a chart of the QoS Throughput by device type.

qos.png

wow. many thank you.

Hi

Is this the the total performance of the device when QoS is enabled on an Interface, or is it pr. interfaces or rule?

\Anders

Performance numbers are "Through the box".  In on EthA and out on EthB and processed in between.

Steve Krall

Thx, for the quick reply.

\Anders

L3 Networker

is it a total performance even if not enable threat prevention, if QoS enabled?

am i right??(when using just a Firewall & QoS feature)

how about PA5000 series??

can i get the performance data about pa 5000 series when enabled QoS?

Also very interested to know more about that 2050 QoS performance.

For example, I have a site running with QoS enabled, but set to maximum of 1000. We just wanted the visibility into the traffic

not to actual enforce any QoS restrictions.

Based on that, would I actually only get 100MB or so of throughput?

This is good info (QoS performance data on various models..), but what about the 50xx series?

dan

Bump...

i think these numbers were run without IPS. Our performance numbers do decrease as more features are enabled. But our hardware architecture keeps us performing better than competitors in an apples to apples performance test.

SK

• 12 replies
  • 1 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!