Qos Policies for G-rollout.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Qos Policies for G-rollout.

L1 Bithead

For G-site rollout effort,is there a way to write Qos policies so they apply per client IP flow when they are communicating to google IP address?    A way to give rate limiting per client IP(thousands of clients) for google destination IP?     The keyword is per client,  so everyone has the same limited bandwidth.  Each client IP has 165kbp's 'allocated'      and they are limited to that speed....

4 REPLIES 4

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Hello,

While I do not think the PAN has this capability, perhaps just limiting the amount of bandwidth to G-suite from the VPN users zone? It would not solve the issue of one user hogging all the bandwidth, but it would prevent them from hogging all of it from non-vpn users.

Or another way perhaps to 'chunck' it down? Say VPN zone and ip's x.x.x.1-128 get X bandwidth so they could only consume that amount for that block of IP's?

Just some thoughts.

Thnx for the response # otakar.Klier

@kpotru,

Is there a specific worry about a sole user hogging all of the bandwidth? Google is pretty good about not having any one of it services (including Drive) really utilize a huge amount of bandwidth at any particular point of time. @OtakarKliers solution with breaking it into specific ranges would help with this, but I don't think you're going to be able to make it so that all users get a very certain max bandwidth.

Well lto be honest I don't have a clear idea about that it's from the customer he just want's to know if he can have those limitations.

• 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!