Quarantine functions

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Quarantine functions

Not applicable

I have  a customer who is familiar with ISS Proventias.  This customer is trying to match capabilities of the ISS to PA.   I have answered all his questiosn/ matchups with IPS rule to a Vulnerability Protection policy+ Malware/Spyware policy, but I am not sur ehow to address this quarantine question with him.

In the ISS Proventia, you can set a time limit to block traffic hitting an IPS rule, "quarantining" for a period of time.   I can't seem to find this capabiity in the actions, etc.

Please advise!

Thanks!

Cam

2 REPLIES 2

L6 Presenter

You mean like a ratelimiting but for the Threat Prevention functions?

IMHO that doesnt make sense... you want to allow bad traffic but block the bad traffic for lets say 5 minutes and then allow the bad traffic again?

Or could you perhaps describe the usercase in more detail?

L1 Bithead

cwilliams, is this an example you are thinking of?

Say that the Firewall detects a port scan from a particular IP address. What some IPS devices do is block that all traffic from that IP address for a certain amount of time, say 10 minutes. Once that timer expires, traffic is then permitted from that IP, until anoher violation occurs.

• 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!