Query on Panorama

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Query on Panorama

L4 Transporter

Our panorama is in Legacy Mode with no additional disks.

We are planning to do two things.
• Adding another 2TB disk for logging 
• Change it from Legacy Mode to Panorama mode.

I’d like to know the best order to follow. Can we add the disk first (which will also start moving the logs from the system disk to the new disk) and then change it to Panorama mode. Or should it be the other way around ?

Thanks in advance!

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Farzana

Ok, then it should be ok if the systemdisk is already big enough. To start the mode change you need to have at least one 2 TB disk anyway, so you have to attach this prior to the conversion.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

L7 Applicator

Hi @Farzana

Add the disk first and then change the mode to panorama mode. For this tasl you need to attach an additional disk anyway. For the mode change you need another system disk with 81GB. During the change, panorama will move the required files to the new system disk and will then boot from that disk.

Hi @Remo

Thank you for your reply.

Actually I am not talking about adding a system disk. I’m talking about adding a another 2TB disk for logging.

This panorama is not coming from ver 7.X.X.

This was provisioned with base version 8.0.2, so it already has a system disk of 81GB. So, we don't need to add an additional system disk in this case.

Only thing is, it’s in Legacy mode.

So, I want to change the mode and add a 2TB logging disk.

Is this okay? 

Hi @Farzana

Ok, then it should be ok if the systemdisk is already big enough. To start the mode change you need to have at least one 2 TB disk anyway, so you have to attach this prior to the conversion.

• 1 accepted solution
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!