Reason for VSYS

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Reason for VSYS

L4 Transporter

Has anyone found a situation where VSYS is ever truly the best course of action when deploying the firewalls. I have been continually asked about this feature with very little cause to deploy the firewall in this way in most situations.  Can anyone share examples where this could not be avoided or advantages it provides other than segmentation of roles.

Reply still not working?

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

Not applicable

Some service providers who offer a "cloud" firewall service to customers use multiple virtual systems (vsys).  This allows them to assign specific customer traffic to a particular vsys providing the separation that "Abs" spoke of in the others replies.  This allows their customer to have some administrative control of the firewall without stepping on other customers.  I've also seen what he has mentioned with enterprise customers also.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

L3 Networker

If you have a third party client that requires access in to your network, you can extend the features of the firewall through VSYS without giving them access to your primary firewall system. This way that can manage policies, run reports, etc.

Not necessary for all, but can be helpful.

A.    

asdf

Not applicable

Some service providers who offer a "cloud" firewall service to customers use multiple virtual systems (vsys).  This allows them to assign specific customer traffic to a particular vsys providing the separation that "Abs" spoke of in the others replies.  This allows their customer to have some administrative control of the firewall without stepping on other customers.  I've also seen what he has mentioned with enterprise customers also.

L5 Sessionator

Here's a discussion link which talks about it:-

Not applicable

Great link indeed 😉

I was about to write an reply when I saw your link 🙂

• 1 accepted solution
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!