Recieve Errors on connection to Cisco Nexus 7000

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Recieve Errors on connection to Cisco Nexus 7000

Not applicable

Hi

I have a HA pair of PA-5020 and a single PA-2020 connected to switchports on a Cisco Nexus 7000

I'm seeing receive errors on all the physical ports on my PA boxes but nothing on the Cisco device.

Duplex is set at auto, speed set at auto for both ends.

Any ideas what these errors could be?  I have applied bpdufilter on the Nexus interface and the error rate seems to have dropped slightly, is it that these interfaces are actually healthy and show 'unwanted' Cisco proprietary traffic as errors?

Also, I've tried changing speed and duplex settings on both ends in various configurations which results in the PA saying it is up, but the Cisco end being notconnect, cutting the firewall off but not forcing a HA failover.

Any advice appreciated

Many thanks

2 REPLIES 2

L6 Presenter

Hi...On the PA device, make sure to use link duplex=auto, speed=auto, and state=auto.  If you try to set it manually, then make sure the state=up (i.e. duplex=full, speed=1000, and state=up).

Thanks.

Hi

Thanks for the reply, for info, I found that I needed to disable UDLD on the Nexus interface (which was enabled globally) and turn on bpdufilter to stop bpdu's being sent to the PA box.

The interface errors have now stopped incrementing 🙂

regards

Scooby59

• 2 replies
  • 2 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!