Requiring "Continue" to download PE executables?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Requiring "Continue" to download PE executables?

L4 Transporter

How have people done this in practise?

We would like to prompt people so they have to choose "continue" to download PE executable files.

I know this only applies to "web-browsing" but when I test this, a Google Chrome update shows as "web-browsing" and isn't interactive so the user doesn't get the prompt to continue, nor does the update download.

Seems a very nice feature in practise but curious how people have tuned it not to cause problems.

2 REPLIES 2

L3 Networker

google Chrome updates should be classified as "google-update" if I remember correctly.

Yes, but weird but in the logs there are several data filtering entries for the .exe that show "web-browsing" as the application, then it shows "google-update" and has downloaded.

All are on port 80 which is still a little unusual.

• 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!