Rule change via CLI

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Rule change via CLI

L2 Linker

Is there any way to remove a parameter to a security rule via the CLI?  As an example, if I created the following rule:

set rulebase security rules "Test" from inside

Now I want to change inside to outside.

If I use: set rulebase security rules "Test" from outside, I end up with "from [ inside outside ]"

I would prefer not to have to delete the rule and recreate it as I have a bulk change to do and the CLI will be faster than GUI.

Thank you,

R

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

L3 Networker

delete rulebase security rules "Test" from outside

This will leave the inside and remove the outside.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

L7 Applicator

Hello Sir,

As per my knowledge, PAN is not having an option like "replace-pattern" (use in Juniper Firewall) to make any changes, without deleting the same config from CLI. It might come with a future release.

For the time being, you can collect all "set" command from the PAN  firewall as mentioned below:

admin@PAN> set cli config-output-format set

admin@PAN> configure

Entering configuration mode

[edit]

admin@PAN# show

Collect the output in a text file/notepad, and modify as per your requirement ( But need to delete the existing one).

Thanks

L3 Networker

delete rulebase security rules "Test" from outside

This will leave the inside and remove the outside.

• 1 accepted solution
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!