Run NetConnect and Global Protect concurrently on 4.0.12

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Run NetConnect and Global Protect concurrently on 4.0.12

L3 Networker

I would like to run Global Protect and NetConnect on a 4.0.12 firewall.

I have domain users and vendors that I would like to address separately pushing the GP.msi through Group Policy to the domain users and then hand holding the vendors.

Then I could upgrade to 4.12.

I want to run both GP and NC at the same time on 4.0.12.

I see there is a trial license for the GP Gateway, seeing I have a pair in HA that is all I need, under Support/My Devices.

I am assuming I would activate the trial then download the GP Agent Bundle from the firewall to my system.

How do I get the GP agent if both use the same domain name to access?

Has anyone ever done this?

TIA

3 REPLIES 3

L5 Sessionator

Hi,

I think, maybe someone can confirmed that 4.0 still not supported by palo.

Running NetConnect and GP in same time on the same palo .... for me it's not possible ..; maybe I am wrong but ...

For running GP, you don't need to have licences. GP is not under licence for basic featture. Licence are only needed if you want to use either Host Checking or Multiple Gateway (or IOS / Androïd GP client)..

If you need GP, this docs can help: https://live.paloaltonetworks.com/docs/DOC-2904

Hope help.

V.

As far as I remember, we can't run GlobalProtect and NetConnect concurrently on same PA unit. But a PC can have both clients installed concurrently and either of them can connect to different PA units running either GP or NetConnect.

This can be done. Working with PAN support.

• 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!