Running config not synchronized - Sync to peer

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Running config not synchronized - Sync to peer

Hello ! 

We encounter a problem on a power supply on one of our Palo Alto. Since power supply replacement, we've the message "Running config not synchronized  - Sync to peer" but i've one question : Is the active firewall configuration will be pushed on passive active firewall ?

Other question, since we've connected "new" firewall, in our Panorama we see in Panorama > Managed Devices that there is one firewall which is disconnected. I check this URL it seems all is OK.

Thanks in advance for your help.

3 REPLIES 3

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@Network-Delivery,

You always want the configuration on the Active/Passive HA members to match, so that in the event of a failover you don't have a policy that was allowing traffic to something nolonger working as it doesn't exist on the other member. Sync the configuration and whatever member is currently Active will push it's configuration to the passive member. 

As for your second question it depends on what you consider OK? There is likely something that is stopping your new firewall from communicating with your Panorama instance. This would mean that you can't actually manage the new firewall with Panorama. 

@BPry

Thanks a lot for your answer, i had a doubt regarding which configuration will be push on which firewall.

I continue to check for the firewall which appears to be disconnected.

@Network-Delivery,

Just an FYI on the disconnected firewall,

You actually need to figure out why this isn't connecting to Panorama. Generally this is due to the fact that the firewall isn't configured to allow the traffic, or something between the firewall and Panorama is blocking the traffic. 

• 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!