SFP Compatibility

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

SFP Compatibility

L0 Member

Hi 

I have got 3 firewalls. 5050 and (3020-1 & 3020 -2 HA pair). We are trying to replace the core 6500 switch with meraki 425. and we have got the MA-sfp-10gb-sr and we need to look for supported sfp in palo side. I found one good fit as PAN-SFP-PLUS-SR (AFBR-709SMZ ). from online. But, I am not sure that whether one end witht the cisco sfp and one with the other will it work ? any ideas ? any OS or platform related release notes precaution?

Thanks 

1 REPLY 1

L7 Applicator

As long as you're using an official PAN SFP and the other side is configured with something compatible you'll be fine. 3rd Party transceivers on a PAN device might work, but aren't officially supported. 

It can be a challenge (putting it lightly) trying to troubleshoot an issue when using a 3rd party part, so there's a policy about that:

https://www.paloaltonetworks.com/services/support/support-policies/third-party-components-support

There's a PDF of the specs on the various transceivers here. It's broken down by platform, so it should make it fairly short work to review:

https://www.paloaltonetworks.com/services/support/support-policies/third-party-components-support

• 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!