SFP + modules for PA 5220

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

SFP + modules for PA 5220

L4 Transporter

Hello we have PA 5220

and we need to connect SFP+ modules.We have Finisar SFP plus module but it does not work

Can you recommendme any third party SFP+ module which is sure to work

9 REPLIES 9

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Hello,

While I do not have any, usually a good Google search will find a few that are at low cost. Not sure why vendors charge so much to them :(. I've used 3rd party GBICS in a lot of devices and cant recall an issue when using them.

Good hunting!

@Radmin_85,

I've been using fs.com optics without issues in our 5220s. 

L7 Applicator

@Radmin_85

Modules from cisco also work without issues (at least in our PA-5220s and also PA-850s)

Hello! Could you please elaborate if your functioning modules on 850 boxes are SFP copper ones of Fiber ones, and if they are working OK with SFP/SFP+ ports from 9 to 12? Because I cannot use them with my batch of copper (Ethernet) SFPs, only on ports 5 to 8. Tested on two 850 boxes, to no avail. 

@Crispim,

So with the PA-850 you can't mix SFP and SFP+ interfaces on 9-12, it's simply one or the other. So make sure that you are following that rule and you don't have an SFP+ port thrown in the mix at all. You'll also need to set the ports speed down to SFP if you aren't using SFP+, by default they will ship as 10Gbps SFP+ ports.

Using the 'show system setting ports-9-12-speed' command will tell you if it's set to SFP or SFP+ mode. If you need to modify that; you'll need to set the correct port type with the 'set system setting ports-9-12-speed sfp' command and then restart the system to get them to function as SFP ports. 

@BPry wrote:

@Crispim,

So with the PA-850 you can't mix SFP and SFP+ interfaces on 9-12, it's simply one or the other.

I'm thinking @BPry is probably right with this.

@Crispim

I'm not sure if I understand correctly, on the PA-850, are you able to use 1G copper SFP on ports 5-8 (1G SFP only), and get link up?

L2 Linker

Does anyone know how to view the sfp installed on an m500/600 panorama or log collector.

I have tried the below command and even put a wildcard but it only gives me hard drive info.

how system state filter sys.sX.pY.phy

L2 Linker

I am using below SFP modules with PA-820, These are Gigabit Ethernet interface and working fine for me.

> show system state filter sys.s1.p5.phy

sys.s1.p5.phy: { 'link-partner': { }, 'media': SFP-CAT5, 'sfp': { 'connector': Unknown, 'encoding': 8B10B, 'identifier': SFP, 'transceiver': 1000B-T, 'vendor-name': FiberStore , 'vendor-part-number': SFP-GB-GE-T , 'vendor-part-rev': B , }, 'type': Ethernet, }

SFP2.jpeg

SFP1.jpeg

Best Regards,

Shuaib Khalid
  • 9 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!