SIP traffic between a Mitel IPBX and a sip server

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

SIP traffic between a Mitel IPBX and a sip server

L1 Bithead

HI,

We have a PA3020 and we are trying to create a trunksip between a Mitel IPBX and a SIP server and it doesn't work. 

I can't see the traffic in logs even if I create a rule to see it but I can see it if I do "Packet Capture", I see the REGISTER request from the IPBX but no answer from the SIP server. 

If I use NMAP from another machine and test SIP test :  nmap --script=sip-methods -sU -p 5060 XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX I can see it in logs on the PaloAlto. 

Does someone has any idea?

Thanks 

Frédéric Besse

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

I use app-id and finally even if I don't see all transaction between the IPBX and the trunksip I think that I can see the first transaction and not the following ones and if I don't record logs I see nothing. I have seen that because it finally works because the IP address changed on the Trunksip server, I don't understand why and our partner don't know why too....

I hope we don't see all SIP transaction because the IPBX and the Trunksip server are talking every minute about SIP Options and every XX minutes about REGISTER, so it could be very hard to log all those transactions.

I gonna close this discussion.

THX

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

L5 Sessionator

Frédéric,

Is the security policy allowing the SIP traffic using the app-id of SIP? Or are you using port 5060 in the policy?

Have you tried disabling the SIP ALG? 

I use app-id and finally even if I don't see all transaction between the IPBX and the trunksip I think that I can see the first transaction and not the following ones and if I don't record logs I see nothing. I have seen that because it finally works because the IP address changed on the Trunksip server, I don't understand why and our partner don't know why too....

I hope we don't see all SIP transaction because the IPBX and the Trunksip server are talking every minute about SIP Options and every XX minutes about REGISTER, so it could be very hard to log all those transactions.

I gonna close this discussion.

THX

• 1 accepted solution
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!