SMTP port for Email Destination Profile

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

SMTP port for Email Destination Profile

L4 Transporter

How can I tell the PAN device to use a different port for my SMTP Server when I set up an Email Destination Profile?  I need to use port 2525.

Thanks,

Jeff

10 REPLIES 10

L4 Transporter

The term "port" on the Pan device is the same as the term "service" on the security rule or the NAt rule.

You simply need to click on the service field of the policy, click on the new service button, then name the service, and put 2525 in the port field. Then you can click ok. You will see the new service you just created on your policy. You will then need to commit in order for the change to take effect.

I'm familiar with the Service column of a Security policy.  What I am referring to is when creating an Email Log Destinations under the Device tab on the PA, I need to add a specific port to the SMTP Gateway field. Is there a way I can do that using the CLI?

Currently there is not a way to configure an email log destination profile to send email on a different port other than port 25.

Currently there is not a way to configure an email log destination profile to send email on a different port other than port 25.

Will this feature be available in version 3.1?

Thanks,

Jeff

This will not be a feature in 3.1 Smiley Sad

Are these features somewhere on the roadmap ?

- chainging e-mail server (SMTP gateway) port from defaut 25

- implementing authentication

Not applicable

Please put this feature on the new feature request list for the developers. It is a common requirement and a show stopper for all email alerting and reporting functions.

Not applicable

I recently implemented a PA-2020, rolled it up to 5.0.1, and I don't see these features either. Where are they?

Lack of support to non-default SMTP port and sender's authentication is really pathetic. I'd understand it in case of e-fridge sending "you're running low on cheese" alerts but in security appliance...

• 10 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!