SNMP QoS

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

SNMP QoS

Not applicable

Wondering if it’s possible to get QoS (per queue) throughput stats via SNMP?

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

L2 Linker

Unfortunately no. We don't have those stats in our MIBS. Please open a feature request with your SE.

-Scott

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

L2 Linker

Unfortunately no. We don't have those stats in our MIBS. Please open a feature request with your SE.

-Scott

Is there any other way to get historical throughput information for a specific QoS class?

We need to have some idea of how much traffic there is per QoS class, and most importantly if any classes are dropping traffic because they are hitting the PIR/CIR.

Thanks,

Isnt the stats available through the REST-api or such? This way you could at least as a workaround (until your feature request shows up in the PANOS Smiley Happy) create your own script to poll the PA-device and through the REST-api get the QoS figures as in cli/ssh.

L1 Bithead

Agree on luck of SNMP counters. CLI shows tons (show counter). I'll be interested in getting QoS stats as well. And most likely for the same reason (drops). Particular command might be:

show qos throughput <last 3 seconds of all classes>. I'm not sure how useful it'd be, if you want to see thruput per class. As for the poll itself ... Here's a small script that I use for the counter poll:

===============================

#!/usr/bin/env python
import sys
import pexpect

passwd = "password_here"
p=pexpect.spawn('ssh name@device')
p.expect("Password:")
p.send(passwd+"\n")
p.expect("> ")
p.send("set cli scripting-mode on\n")
p.expect("> ")
p.send("show counter global name pkt_recv\n")
p.expect("Value: ")
result = p.readline().strip()
p.expect("> ")
p.send("exit\n")
p.expect("closed")
p.close()
print result

============================

Looks somewhat like this (pic) . I probably need to add logic for showing just a difference and not the absolute valuegraphs.png

• 1 accepted solution
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!