SNMP aged out

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

SNMP aged out

L2 Linker

Dear Guys,

I have a WAN router where we are trying to do a SNMP read only, but it keeps saying aged out. 

we have different devices as well which are working but SNMP on this router doesnt seem to be working.

How can i prove that it is not the issue with Palo alto but on the remote side .

The Service provider is telling us that we are sending the reply back but its not being allowed through our firewall.

3 REPLIES 3

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@NiteshS,

Does the Palo Alto sit in front of the WAN router within your design; most wouldn't even have this traffic passing through the WAN router as that would sit in-front of the firewall. 

If the WAN Router traffic is getting filtered by the firewall, then do this. 

You can override the interzone default policy and enable log-start and log-end; this will allow you to log everything even if the firewall isn't allow it. Give it a bit so that the router in question is polled again and look in the logs for the polling address. This will tell you if it's allowing the traffic or not. 

Hi

RTR  --> FIREWALL-->SERVER.

We have a PAT for your SNMP Server to getting the polling for the same.

@NiteshS,

At that point I would log the interzone-default rule and see if the firewall is logging it as aged_out (likely a permissions or routing issue) or if the firewall is dropping or denying it for some reason. 

• 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!