SQL Cluster Through PA Firewall

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

SQL Cluster Through PA Firewall

L3 Networker

We have Palo Alto firewalls with version 8.0 and need to allow SQL Cluster synchronization from one zone to another. The servers are Windows 2016 with MS SQL 2016. I'm not a SQL expert but tasked with a firewall rule between these clusters. I appreciate any advice or help.

Jeff

Passionate about network infrastructure and all things Palo Alto Networks.
1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

@jeff6strings,

Clusters by default would utilize the following:

135/UDP

5000-5099

8011-8031

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@jeff6strings,

You are going to need more information from the admin that is actually running the SQL server, as I would never assume that default ports are being used when it comes to SQL. Certain ports are going to be the same and can be quickly looked up online, but more detailed port requirements for the actual DB instance replication are going to need to be supplied. 

Thanks for the response as I will ask our DB Admin if any default ports were changed. I will challenge the Admin with a request for information but I appreciate if anyone can provide a web link to what has helped them with at least the default protocols and ports for SQL Clusters.

Thanks again.

Jeff

@jeff6strings,

Clusters by default would utilize the following:

135/UDP

5000-5099

8011-8031

Thank you for your help.

Jeff

• 1 accepted solution
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!