SSL Decryption with trustwave certification(subordinate certification)

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

SSL Decryption with trustwave certification(subordinate certification)

L3 Networker

I have a question related with a SSL certificate for a SSL decryption.

I'd like to do a SSL decryption, but it is possible with a self-singed or subordinate certification.

(It is only possible to issue for subordinate certification from Microsoft CA Server. )

But the article that is linked below say that Trustwave can issue a subordinate certification.

Article: http://www.h-online.com/security/news/item/Trustwave-issued-a-man-in-the-middle-certificate-1429982....

If I buy a subordinate certification from Trustwave, is it possible to apply SSL decryption without any security warning message on the web browser?

Please teach me, someone who know or experience about it.

Thanks,

Eugene.

1 REPLY 1

L3 Networker

Hello Eugene,

Yes, you can perform SSL decryption without getting any security warnings on your web browsers.

These security warnings only occur in web browsers that do not already trust the Root CA that signed the subordinate certificate that's doing the decryption.

Adding the Trustwave Root CA certificate to your workstations' certificate root stores, if it's not already there, would ensure that you do not get the security warnings when SSL decryption is implemented.

Here are a few links that have details on importing root certificates into Chrome, IE, Firefox and pushing it into the root store of a whole domain, using AD Group Policy Objects:

SSL Decryption Certificates

Installing root certificate in Mozilla Firefox - WebMoney Wiki

Installing root certificate in Google Chrome - WebMoney Wiki

Regards,

tasonibare

• 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!