SSL cert mgt-Chrome issues

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

SSL cert mgt-Chrome issues

L4 Transporter

I generated and imported ssl certificate for secure management. I also made sure the CA is on the local machine. I have no issues with Firefox or IE but on chrome, it shows me cert r=error for mgt interface. Did anyone face this before? please offer me a solution if so.

Thanks.

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

Thank you for the reply.

I found the solution. Chrome doesn't trust websites with IP address in CN field. I had to change it to hostname and worked.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

L2 Linker

Some Browsers like Chrome have their own Certificate Stores. You have to import the CA Certificate into the Chrome Certificate Store as a Trusted CA. Some Browsers with own Certificate Stores can be configured to use the local Certificate Store of your Machine. But i dont know at the moment if or how it is possible with Chrome.

Thank you for the reply.

I found the solution. Chrome doesn't trust websites with IP address in CN field. I had to change it to hostname and worked.

• 1 accepted solution
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!