Scheduled Reports generate differently.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Scheduled Reports generate differently.

L0 Member

I have a number of reports we use to generate usage information, such as the top 100 applications used over 24 hours sorted by bytes.

If I run this report manually with RUN NOW, it generates perfectly and everything is sorted like it should be.

If we schedule this report to run automatically and email the results out to a subset of people, the sorting is completely lost and it's just a zillion lines of individual instances of applications.

In other words, the sort by Bytes portion of the query is lost and it just turns into each hit.

Any ideas on how to fix this?   I'm tasked with sending reports to management types and right now I've resorted to doing this manually because of this issue.

7 REPLIES 7

L0 Member

Oh yes, I have upgraded to Panorama 5.1.9 hoping that would resolve the problem and it did not.

We had the same issue on 5.1.6.

L5 Sessionator

Hi,

Got same issue and having a case open in PA support. Keep you in touch with the result

V.

L3 Networker

All I know is that the way PaloAlto queries scheduled reports and real time reports is different. It has been like this since at least version 3.

Thank you, this is really annoying.

Bug is confimed (and exist for a long time now .....).

Will keep you in touch.

V.

L5 Sessionator

Hi,

Bug ID is 666610 and fix is should be integarted in version 6.0.5 schedule for week of September the 22nd.

Hope help.

V.

L3 Networker

Thanks!

• 7 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!