Scheduled a reboot of managed firewalls (tasks) from Panorama

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Scheduled a reboot of managed firewalls (tasks) from Panorama

L2 Linker

Hello everyone,

I want to know if is possible to ask Palo Alto to add this feature to Panorama, we have 100+ firewalls at branch offices, when we applied a software upgrade for example 6.0 - 7.0 it always ask for a reboot to apply the new version (In a perfect world we could reboot the firewall at any time but sadly is not possible until third shift or non working hours). It will be great to have a chedules tasks to do it from Panorama. Is there a especific site to ask Palo Alto to add this feature maybe in future releases?.

Thanks for your help.

2 REPLIES 2

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

From my understanding on feature requests they have to be brought up with our SE and managed from an internal PA system; I've always questioned why the system was always setup like this, but it is. 

This is something that would likely work with API access however, or really even a script that simply logs into each device and simply issues a restart. You could then schedule that specific script to run at a given time, wouldn't be a perfect solution but it would give you a solution until/if this was put into place. 

Thanks BPry, In the mean time I will use a script. 

• 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!