Security Policy Limit Alarms

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Security Policy Limit Alarms

L4 Transporter

I'm trying to setup an alarm to trigger is we have excessive drops on a firewall rule.

When looking at this functionality the Help section states:-

"Use Security Policy Tags to specify the tags for which the rule limit thresholds will generate alarms. These tags become available to be specified when defining security policies".

However, whenever I create a Tag here it does not become available for rules in the Policy section?  I'm on 6.0.2, but looked at this a while back on v4\5 and couldn;t find out what I was dougn wrong - any ideas?

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

L4 Transporter

You have to generate the tags before they will show up. If you have already created a tag make sure it's a security rule tag and not a tag under Objects -> Tags

Screen Shot 2014-06-09 at 1.43.19 PM.png

Dominic

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

L2 Linker

You need to first create the tag under Policies --> Security and then you can add it under Device --> Alarms --> Security Policy Tags (after you check security policy limits and group limits and specify thresholds). You cannot create new tags directly under Security Policy Tags.

Hope this helps.

L4 Transporter

You have to generate the tags before they will show up. If you have already created a tag make sure it's a security rule tag and not a tag under Objects -> Tags

Screen Shot 2014-06-09 at 1.43.19 PM.png

Dominic

L4 Transporter

Thanks for replies - sorted (bad Help file is my excuse!).

Does anyone know if there's a way of emailing Alerts?  It's a bit limiting having to rely on having an open web console to see something being triggered!

Cheers

• 1 accepted solution
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!