Server certificate verification failed

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Server certificate verification failed

L2 Linker

Hi there,

I wonder if I can finally resolve my continuous problems with GP and Windows machines.

I have 0 problems with Android and Apple devices but Windows XP,7,8 or 8.1 give identical outcome. Problems, Problems and more problems.

Please let me start from the configuration:

1.portal.PNG

2. Gateway

gateway.PNG

3. certcert.PNG

4. cert again

cert2.PNG

However, each time I try to logon I continue to receive error as per subject.

I tried to export the entire certificate and place it on windows.

Now, question, what store do I put it in ?

I put the cert in the following:

device personal

device root trusted

user personal

user root trusted

each time getting the same result.

Any thoughts what to check , where ?

If somebody has a functioning configuration can they share it please without the granular details please?

Best Regards,

Mariusz

2 REPLIES 2

L5 Sessionator

Hi,

Could you please confirm if in the gateway list you have specified FQDN instead of IP address in portal configuration ?

Hope it helps!

L0 Member

I also ran into certificate problems.  As Csharma posted, the resolution was to ensure that under my GlobalProtect Portal | Client Gateway configuration that a FQDN is entered not an IP address.

Network | GlobalProtect | Portals  modify your Portal configuration |  select client configuration within the client configuration the External Gateway should be a FQDN not an IP address.

From the help

• 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!