Size of Logs

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Size of Logs

L2 Linker

Hello Guys,

I would just like to ask if anyone of you have an idea of what is the usual size of the logs that is being forwarded daily?

We are trying to size up a logs correlation software and we would like to know the amount of specs that we need. the only factor is the size of the logs that will going to be transfer.

Thanks guys.

2 REPLIES 2

L5 Sessionator

Hello Hartkently,

You can get a brief idea about your logging rate and log forwarding rate by issuing the following command:

> debug log-receiver statistics.

As far as allocation of space and sizing is concerned, there are various factors to considered: network topology number of firewalls sending logs, type of traffic and subscriptions (URL etc..).

I believe this document might just be what you are looking for:

Panorama Logging Suggestions for PAN-OS 4.1 and 5.0

Hope that helps!

Thanks and regards,

Kunal Adak

L4 Transporter

I think that the best for You will be creation in Device >Scheduled log export profiles that will export log using ftp/scp and observing in your environment.

My daily traffic log file is about 250MB, other logs are about couple of MB.

Think twice that every your  security policy should have logging enabled or not or logged on session start or maybe only on session end.

With regards

SLawek

• 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!