Skype Enterprise

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Skype Enterprise

L0 Member

Hi,

I need to create a rule to make run Skype enterprise. I don't find an app for skype enterprise so i tried to create a rule with only skype and ms-lync-online but it's deny with the destination port 5061...I don't understand.

does someone has an idea about this subject ?

Thks,

1 REPLY 1

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

This question really depends on if you are running Skype for Business on premise, or running it through Microsofts online application. They both require different ports, but I don't believe Skype for Business online uses port 5061 so you are probably using an on-premise server, but you should verify with whoever is running your Skype integration. 

IF this is Skype for Business on premise then the ports that they are using are listed HERE. Be aware that just because Skype for Business on prem is setup to use a specific port by default, your system admin could have set it up to use any port that they please. Therefore, I would double check that the ports listed were the ports used at the time of install.

*Port 5061 specifically is used on front-end servers for internal SIP traffic, and SIP communication from the Front End servers to the Mediation and Monitoring servers.

THIS  link will guide you through everything that Microsoft states needs to be open for Skype for Business if it's being ran through their online service, note that port 5061 is not mentioned here. 

• 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!